Saturday, October 15, 2016

Saving Private Ryan

Saving Private Ryan is without a doubt one of my favorite movies of all time.  I like movies that are based on true stories and are more non-fiction.  Tom Hanks is an amazing actor that has won tons of awards for his screenplay.  I as a viewer just love this movie because you get to experience so many different emotions much like in war.  You may be asking how I know this or how I can even say that knowing that fact that I have never been to war.  My grandfather and uncle as well as other members of my family have been to war and say that you get to see and experience everything both good and bad.  With me knowing this in the back of my head, it made me appreciate this work that much more.

When the troops are all staying in the church the one night, they all take a minute to "relax".  The one man begins to reminisce about when he was a little kid and his hard working mother just wanted to talk to him and see how is day was, but he would ignore her.  Later one, Vin Diesel is trying to save a little girl and is shot down by a sniper.  These are both examples of sad and emotionally tough times.  Overall, this is a great work of art that has won academy awards and is still heavily viewed today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment