Saturday, October 1, 2016

R-Ratings: Part Two

Woody Harrelson is one of my favorite actors. Bowling has always been something I like to do for fun when given the chance. So, once I found out about the movie Kingpin, I had to watch it. To those just hearing about the movie, and honestly I wouldn’t have known about it if my older brother wasn’t almost a teen in the nineties, it stars Woody Harrelson as an ex-professional bowler who helps a bowling Amish prodigy (Randy Quaid) attempt to win a million dollars in a bowling tournament.  

You can't make this kind of stuff up.
The thing is though, I can and can’t watch the movie on campus. It’s like Schrödinger’s DVD up in here. This is because the movie is both R-rated and PG-13. Why you may ask? Because four minutes of extra footage was added to the extended cut. FOUR MINUTES. Some might say that it’s because of the two implied sex jokes. Oh, well of course my bad, I’ll pack up and just head out now.
Oh look, the back of the Blu-ray case.
Hey, wait a second.


That’s right, the R-rating is because the movie has crude sexual humor, just like PG-13 version! I’m a little passionate about this subject, because the rating system is flawed, just like the idea that there's a rule about no R-rated movies on campus.




No comments:

Post a Comment