Wednesday, October 12, 2016

The Sand Castle

            As Professor Leeper told us, The Sand Castle, directed by CO Hoedeman, was made for the audience to view it how they want to.  This means we can think of this film and view it in a way which comes from our own perceptions.  It sounded intriguing, so I am going to attempt to tell you how I viewed this animated short film.
            When we watched the film in class, I honestly thought that it was going to be relatively boring, but when I started watching, something caught my eye and I was instantly zoned in and watched intently for what would happen at the end.  As I thought about the film, I saw little sand characters being made from a “sand-person” with a head.  They were being used to create a sand castle and as the film continued, something clicked.  In my opinion, the film portrays God creating individuals that are created in the exact way God wants them to appear.  The sand person uses the sand creatures to create the castle.  This is how I picture God using us, but He guides us and shows us how to create his kingdom.  God calls us to be an example, to imitate him, and to build up his followers, to protect and build up the Earth. 

            This is how I perceived the film.  I know many of us will have different viewpoints, which is what makes this so exciting.   It’s interesting to me to see what everyone thinks about a story.  How different do our minds work and what shapes us to have differing and even similar points of view?

Image result for the sand castle
Image result for the sand castle

No comments:

Post a Comment