Tuesday, October 18, 2016

"Shelter" by Porter Robinson & Madeon

A friend of mine randomly sent me this music video/short film called "Shelter" by Porter Robinson and Madeon (with A-1 Pictures and Crunchyroll). My friend didn't give me any context, so I pretty much went into it without knowing anything. The story follows a young girl (who we learn is named Rin in the description) that lives in a virtual simulation to which she can control by using a tablet. One day however, her tablet generates this world on its own and we then we learn of her origins and how she came to live in the simulation. I'd prefer not to give anything away, so you'll have to watch the video for yourself.

According to my friend, it's quite unusual for the creator of the song to have the music videos going along with their music in this fashion and for them to be more abstract. Nonetheless, both the song and the story within the video go well together. It was both enjoyable to watch and listen too, which I suspect will cause me to have at least the song on repeat for the next few days until I get sick of it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment