Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Children's Media: Colorforms



Colorforms is about a little girl who is very interested in color and destruction. She loves to paint with her hands and to make big messes with anything she can find. Her parents are very strict and want their little girl to be a perfect, sophisticated little girl. After a messy spaghetti dinner, they bring in the “big guns”, grandpa. At the beginning, we get the vibe that grandpa was going to be a dictator of respect and authority, but that was not the case. Grandpa takes the little girl and shows her the beauty of color and people through the festival of colors. How beautiful color and life can be and giving her free reign. Kids do not want to be tied down. A kid’s imagination and creativity should not be destroyed because of a strict parent. One day when I have children, no idea when, but I want my children to be as creative as they want to be. I never want to let my children be tied down creatively because of me. I will do whatever it takes and if that means just giving them the tools and leaving them alone, then by all means.
Image result for color splatter

No comments:

Post a Comment