Thursday, October 13, 2016

The Blue Umbrella

I was sitting and thinking of what to write about when a melody popped into my head that lead me to the Pixar short, The Blue Umbrella. It has probably my favorite soundtrack for a short film ever. The first time I watched this film, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I thought it was live action, but then I could see that it wasn't...but I've never seen animation look this close to reality. I love how Pixar tapped into my inner toddler, that part of me that still sees faces in cars and store windows. They personify mailboxes, gutters, manholes and yes, umbrellas. I haven't seen a film that taps into that part of childhood in a while. I know that this story wasn't made with a Christian outlook necessarily, but it functions well as a metaphor for anyone whose lost their way in life. We all get lost now and then, sometimes because other people drag us down their path. But there are always people out there who are willing to help us get back on track. Obstacles can be overcome, and sometimes we just have to have faith that we'll find what we're looking for in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment